Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 3:07:20 PM(UTC)

If it happened right after you replaced the magnetron then you may want to get it exchanged under the part warranty and try another one.

Gene.
Ironhead17 Posted: Sunday, December 11, 2011 7:08:48 AM(UTC)

Followup-

I took it down and tried to find any bound wires or anything that could contribute to the buzzing and lights flashing while in operation. I discovered that without the outer cover on it operates like a charm. No noise no flashing lights, it works like it should. But as soon as a few screws are in placed and its turned on it buzzes like a piece or cr*p.
We may just have to live with it. It seems to heat well ( i noticed the center of the plate of bacon was slow to cook...) and the buzzing can be minimized by turning the light to low.
I suspect the replacement part just doesn't work well w/ the original parts. 10QBP0228 is the part number of the replacement magnetron. The part is not returnable. What do I do?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:00:28 PM(UTC)

Wade,

Looks like you are on the right track. Also try to pinpoint that noise.

Gene.
Ironhead17 Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:02:57 PM(UTC)

As a followup, the buzzing goes awy complete;y when the lights are on Low. It buzzes when on high (lights). Model # 721.62622200 Kenmore OTR.

It's been suggested that a wire is pinched so my plan is to take it down and have a look see.

Any helpful diagnostic ideas appreciated.

Wade
Ironhead17 Posted: Monday, November 28, 2011 12:32:44 PM(UTC)

Hey guys - new here - Thanks for all who contribute!! I love fixing things myself and need solid knowledgeable advice like found here.

On to the point:

I replaced the magentron and fixed the initial problem but created a new one. Initially it wouldn't heat and was making a loud hum. Now it heats fine but as the turntable is rotating it will start to buzz and the lights will begin to glow (it's freaky). If you turn the lights on and then operate it, the noise goes away and the lights appear normal.

Did I cause this by turning the machine over while repairing it?

Any ideas?

Thanks - Wade