Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:25:43 AM(UTC)

Could i jump the hi temp thermostat in heat cycle? i got a 0 ohm reading while disconnected.
Yes you could but I doubt it will make any difference as it measured 0 ohms at room temperature.

I would check the wires from the timer to the heater perhaps one of them is broken.
If the wires are OK then the most likely culprit is the timer.
The timer's heater contacts are probably shot.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
noclue Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:57:42 PM(UTC)

Denman

I have replaced element and still no heat wash or dry cycle.Could i jump the hi temp thermostat in heat cycle? i got a 0 ohm reading while disconnected.Reading on old heat element was 13.8 ohms on bench afraid i tested on 20k scale and got 0 ohms and ordered new one which is not the problem.Any help would sure be appreciated Thanks Denman
denman Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 12:49:11 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FDP635RFR2 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...df/Kinston/154296902.pdf

Check the element (10 ohms approx) and the Hi-Limit Thermostat (0 ohms)
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
noclue Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:30:29 AM(UTC)

Yes i could sure use some help here with a pdf of my model or things to check for.Everything works fine but lost the heat on wash and dry cycles, no heat period.Wife also says been sticking on cycles not sure on that. Thanks and greetings from the rainy PNW.