Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 5:44:03 PM(UTC)

I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Gene.
achetwood Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 5:38:22 PM(UTC)

OK, so I went to the local appliance depot store to buy the timer. The guy behind the counter said to try and check the lid switch before I install the timer; apparently on some models when the lid switch malfunctions it will affect the spin cycle. I got home, removed the switch and just connected them directly to test...spin cycle working once again as it should. Instead of a $100 part, I now only need a $40 part. Some of you out there may want to try this out too. I'd also noticed that one end of the switch was tarnishing and corroded; I'm sure that's why it doesn't work as good.
Gene Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007 11:34:46 AM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is a bad timer.

- The part number for the timer is AP246695.

Gene.
achetwood Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2007 1:59:25 PM(UTC)

We Have A Admiral Washer Model No. Lnc6759a77 Rev. 14 Serial Number 14828715uw. The Problem Started About 3 Weeks Ago, Everything Works Fine But We Started To Notice That The Tub Would Remain Full Of Water When We Expected To Unload It To The Dryer. We Would Simply Move It To A Spin Cycle And It Would Complete. Eventually Over The Last 3 Weeks Things Progressively Got Worse. We Would Eventually Have To Spin The Dial 1, 2+ Times And It Would Start On A Spin Cycle. Today It's Done...it Will Not Start On Any Spin Cycle No Matter How Many Times We Turn The Dial; I Tried Unplugging And Plugging Back In...nothing. It Fills, Washes, Rinses Fine, But Nothing Will Happen On The Spin Cycle. I Read Another Post That Indicate It Could Be The Timer On That Model. I'm Not Well Versed In These Things So I Don't Know If The Solution Would Be The Same For My Model. Any Help Would Be Appreciated. The Wife Wants A New Washer....i Want The Cheapest Way Out!