Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
m/c Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:34:15 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ApplianceJunk Go to Quoted Post
There should have been some instruction in the box.

Does your new valve have fittings like the one in this video?

Video: Connect and disconnect a push-in ice maker water fill valve plastic line

If so then you cut your old plastic nut ends off and slip the line into the new valve.

Hope that helps,

Thanks appliancejunk for the reply and the video link and yep the inlet valves have switched to quick connect fittings,the one that was sent was missing some of the quick connect inserts, Adam from this site is sending another unit (thanks Adam) and I'll see how it goes ...... take care
ApplianceJunk Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:38:46 AM(UTC)

There should have been some instruction in the box.

Does your new valve have fittings like the one in this video?

Video: Connect and disconnect a push-in ice maker water fill valve plastic line

If so then you cut your old plastic nut ends off and slip the line into the new valve.

Hope that helps,
m/c Posted: Monday, July 30, 2007 10:35:18 PM(UTC)

I just purchased a new water inlet valve, it is a three solenoid valve and the new part appears to have quick connect type water line fittings ( or something) on 3 of the outlets and 2 of the outlets use the threaded type water line connections on the new part ,, my old inlet valve uses threaded connections on all the water lines on the valve, the valve looks the same except for how the water lines connect to the new valve , do I have a wrong part ? how do I connect the lines ? or should I send it back for a return , it's useless the way it is out of the box since my frige uses all threaded type water line connections ..... any help or info would be much appreciated .................. thanks