Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
fairbank56 Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 9:06:44 AM(UTC)

Please start a new thread and give model number of the washer.

Eric
metwrench Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 6:52:58 AM(UTC)

[COLOR="Green"][/COLOR]

Gene, I have a question about the Agitator, Is this done by the Internal part of the transmission ? Or by the Motor ? I ask because after I installed the new belts my washer in WASH MODE spins Like its in SPIN MODE ..No agitation at all ... So where does the agitation happen ?? Is it a Motor Function or Transmission Function ?
Gene Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 1:27:27 PM(UTC)

Make sure the washer is leveled properly and the floor is not weak.

Gene.
baumcl@hotmail.com Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:37:08 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: baumcl@hotmail.com Go to Quoted Post
Good morning,

We tried the washer again. After it fills with water, the pump starts and when the agitator pulley starts, it turns (about 5 seconds) and then stops. I pulled the belt and it turns. However, it does not turn when I start the machine. Should the pump be running?

Thanks for your help. We do appreciate it tremendously. We could buy a new washer, but this has been a dependable machine and we hate to let it go.

Charles

Four hours later--

We thought that perhaps we should give you the following information. The spin cycle and the pump work, but there was more vibration than normal with the tub. ???

Charles
baumcl@hotmail.com Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 4:49:59 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Charles,

Did you try to run the washer after you moved the pump? I believe it should be enough.

Gene.

Good morning,

We tried the washer again. After it fills with water, the pump starts and when the agitator pulley starts, it turns (about 5 seconds) and then stops. I pulled the belt and it turns. However, it does not turn when I start the machine. Should the pump be running?

Thanks for your help. We do appreciate it tremendously. We could buy a new washer, but this has been a dependable machine and we hate to let it go.

Charles
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:04:15 PM(UTC)

Charles,

Did you try to run the washer after you moved the pump? I believe it should be enough.

Gene.
baumcl@hotmail.com Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:17:50 AM(UTC)

Charles,

The instructions are attached to the reply.

Gene.

Gene,

I followed the instructions and they said to squeeze the belt to 1/4". However, when I squeeze the belt, the sides touch easily. I have moved the pump to the extreme edge of the hole. I wonder if I should drill them out a little bit more and move the pump over a little more. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Charles
Gene Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 4:25:51 PM(UTC)

Charles,

The instructions are attached to the reply.

Gene.
baumcl@hotmail.com Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:41:16 PM(UTC)

Remove the belt from the transmission pulley and turn the pulley clockwise. If it does not move then the transmission has gone bad. If the agitator will oscillate then the belts tension has to be adjusted.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG A612 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Gene,

Thanks for your reply and your information. I turned the pulley clockwise and it moves and the agitator moves also. So, I need to adjust the belt tension. How do I do that? Thanks for your help.

Charles
Gene Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:35:21 PM(UTC)

Remove the belt from the transmission pulley and turn the pulley clockwise. If it does not move then the transmission has gone bad. If the agitator will oscillate then the belts tension has to be adjusted.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG A612 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.