Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 3:40:04 PM(UTC)

The only diagnostics are the above article (Sticky; GE fridg (GS&PS... )
Probably a bad motherboard. Should keep a surge protector on the outlet for this.
STEVE DOE Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 2:49:42 PM(UTC)

I have a similar problem with GE MOD. PSS26SHRC SS. Ser. VG400771. The light is the only thing that works after a storm. I adjust the digital thermostats and nothing happens. Is the control board bad or can you please give me the diagnostic manual for this one?
abbie Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:34:43 PM(UTC)

BWALL Check to see if the condenser fan at the bottom of the fridge is working.
richappy Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 3:42:35 PM(UTC)

For JJkeist, you have a refrigerator system failure for a pro to fix, probably big bucks. Sorry.
jjkuest Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:58:08 PM(UTC)

I am having this same problem. In your Freezer section, there is a fan in the back, above the light and below the ice container. See if this fan is running. I believe that this fan is what circulates that air to cool the whole section. Mine will not run so the bottom of the freezer is cold, but the top is warm.
richappy Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:05:04 AM(UTC)

Pull the back panel in the freezer and describe the frost pattern, if only partially frosted, you have a sealed system failure for a pro to look at.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 5:06:59 PM(UTC)

One of the most common problems with such GE refrigerators is a main control board.

You can find the complete instructions how to diagnose and fix your fridge in the service manual.

- Here are the break down diagrams for the GE refrigerator Model GSS22WGMDWW

Gene.
bwall117 Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:14:42 PM(UTC)

Hello, my refrigerator and freezer are not cooling. The freezer still has some ice in it so it's not completely warm. The fridge stays a little on the cool side probably in the 50 degree range. The motor does not sound like it is constantly running. I had the thermostat tested and it seems to be OK but not sure of the quality of the testing. Any ideas? To me it's only about 5 years old and in my opinion shouldn't have any problems.