Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Don Dietiker Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 1:23:33 PM(UTC)

I downloaded the pages on troubleshooting but spent a lot of time on getting the least understanding of the lights. Then I found the function test sequence and was able to run through those with some sense of understanding. My dryer a fgq144220E Frigidaire,(I think) translates digital data into lights and turning off and on, but to the best of my knowledge, I moved as quickly as carefully with the progression "around the clock". None of the "hours" reacted in a manner different from those in the test sequence. That,at least, was comforting. BUT the dryer still tended to drop a cycle after drying two, though a little manipulation of the cycle often gets it going again.

Sorry to be late with my reply, but I had to work up to and over the weekend.

Don
Gene Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 7:26:11 PM(UTC)

Perform the troubleshooting as described in the Tech sheet. Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for FRG FGQ1442ES0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Don Dietiker Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 5:17:44 AM(UTC)

Stupid me! FGQ1442EOS
Gene Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009 4:33:13 PM(UTC)

Don,

What is the complete model number of the dryer?

Gene.
Don Dietiker Posted: Friday, May 22, 2009 4:56:28 AM(UTC)

After the coils were replaced and the box put back together, the auto dry only worked for about two loads of laundry. Then it stopped and the control panel lit up like Christmas with jumping blinking lights. For the moment it dries very well on the timer but my wife would like the auto to work for different types of clothing.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:48:32 PM(UTC)

You have to unscrew the two screws holding the bracket on top of the coils. There is no other way to do it.

UserPostedImage

Gene.
Don Dietiker Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:44:46 AM(UTC)

At least with my Frigidaire that's not such an easy operation. The old coils are held in the grip of a steel clamp who's philips screws do not offer a good purchase.

It's possible that if the plastic wire fasteners holding the coils to the clamp were not so tenatious, the old coils could allow the coils to slip out and the newones to take their place, but I haven't had the courage to jam a screwdriver down in the joining pieces yet.

Hoping there is a civilized way to get them in and out.
blindman Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:01:50 PM(UTC)

Runs like new again.... Thanks:)
blindman Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 9:09:01 PM(UTC)

Thanks I will order parts and give that a shot.
Gene Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 4:04:36 PM(UTC)

The first thing I would do in such situation is replace the gas valve coils.

- The part number for the coil kit is AP2150379

You have to lift up the top panel and remove the front panel to access the parts.

Gene.