Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
woodchuckie Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 1:55:34 PM(UTC)

holston1948 Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 1:32:34 PM(UTC)

i have a kenmore side by side refrig freezer and the compressor will not come on
Gene Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 8:46:46 PM(UTC)

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Gene.
randysshkr Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 8:38:55 PM(UTC)

thanks for responding. I was getting 120 volts with door open, however I did try pushing door switches in. I guess I'll put new connectors on wire and try again. This really has me puzzled.
Gene Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 8:32:40 PM(UTC)

If you are getting 120VAC to the new motor then it must work. Double check all connections. Also the fan could be off when the door is open.

The only way to find the wiring diagram for Kenmore fridge is to buy it from Sears if it's still available.

Gene.
randysshkr Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 4:14:51 PM(UTC)

The fan motor was not working. I checked fan motor windings and they were open. I also checked with direct power connection. I ordered a new fan motor and it is not working but it is a good motor. I'm getting 120 volts to my motor. I manually turned defrost timer to defrost and heater heated up and timer took it out of defrost after it timed out. I don't understand why new fan won't work. I cannot read the schematics on the back of refrigerator because they're all scuffed up, and did not find any paperwork in compressor area.