Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 5:19:59 PM(UTC)

Ok, this is not an easy one.

It is possibly the motor, but I think that the motor is the least likely. I believe your machine does not have a separate speed switch, and that speed is controled by the timer. If it does have a separate speed switch that is the most likely source of the problem.

If you do not have the separate speed switch then your two likely villains are the timer and the motor switch.

Unfortunately, I cannot give you a good way to test any of these components without just replacing them and determining if that was the problem. If you can determine from your wiring diagram the appropriate wires that lead to the motor switch on the cycles giving you the problem, you can test for continuity and for current when it is operating, but otherwise your best bet is to replace the timer and see if that solves your problem.

Here is your service manual.

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16023083.pdf

Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Sorry we could not be more definitive.
deimos Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 4:34:31 AM(UTC)

Hi. I have an Admiral washer that cuts out on some thermal overload i assume when washing on either a delicates or low crease program. works fine on the cottons prog. I think it is something to do with the spped the motor turns when washing on the different progs. I assume the motor is af fault. any ideas?