Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:37:00 AM(UTC)

Here your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL RED4400VQ1 29" ELECTRIC DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
is this caused from the faulty fuse?[/COLOR]
Cannot say.
You need more info.
I do not understand how the tech knew that the thermal fuse was no good.
Either it is a dead short (which is good) or an open (which means it has blown).

If they found it was blown then it should have been replaced ASAP as it is a critical safety device. The unit will not run with a blown thermal fuse if the part you are referring to is Item 7 in Section 3 or not heat up if it was Item 9 in Section 3 (thermal cutoff).
If they found it blown and just shorted the wires together because they did not have a thermal fuse then I would raise living hell. They put your life in danger.

If they did just short the wires then this could have contributed to the cord/receptacle damage as the unit could be pulling too many amps and the fuse should have blown to prevent this.
It would not be the only cause of this, if the connection in the receptacle was perfect then it should not have overheated and failed in this way but it definitely did not help.

You will need a new line cord.
Also a new wall receptacle and depending on the amount of damage (if any) to the wires in the electrical box you may need new wiring.

Any tech who would short out a safety device on an appliance should be severely reprimanded or even fired but that is just my opinion.

Note that the above assumes a lot so I am not even sure that any of it is applicable.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dhanson42000@yahoo.com Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 11:47:35 AM(UTC)

Our dryer is still under warranty, the timer had to be replaced and was and at that time the tech said our thermal fuse needed to be replaced as well, it wasn't done and now I have no heat, also, when we moved the dryer forward we noticed that one prong from the plug in is melted and there is now a big hole on the outlet, is this caused from the faulty fuse?