Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
rebar Posted: Monday, September 7, 2015 1:24:21 PM(UTC)

I know this a old thread.. But I'm having the same problem with my Amana TZ18QW

It always dripped water into the bottom of the fridge and sometimes spilled over and out the door instead of draining to the pan. I figured the drain tube was plugged with crap, but after I turned the unit off, I see water now draining from the tube into the pan underneath after 24 hours off. It must have been frozen but I cant see the drain, but its not plugged anyway...

What component of the defrost system should I test?

Thanks

UserPostedImage
Gene Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:21:56 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for AMANA BX21VE | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
AngeloMangelo Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 3:19:09 PM(UTC)

THe model number of the Amana is :
BX21VE
MFG: P1325014W B

Thanks Gene!
Gene Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 1:24:39 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: AngeloMangelo Go to Quoted Post
Gene,
I have an Amana BX21V bottom freezer and it sounds like I have the same issue. When I removed the rear panel in the freezer, the coils were completely frozen. I defrosted it several times and it keeps occuring. Would the Drain Tube Freeze Up Kit (AP118347) also work for me.

Thanks

More likely the problem is a faulty defrost system.

Perform the troubleshooting as described in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...frigerator-too-warm.html

The defrost timer is shown as #342 on the diagram.

The model number you posted is incomplete. Verify and repost it.

Gene.
AngeloMangelo Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 6:49:45 PM(UTC)

Gene,
I have an Amana BX21V bottom freezer and it sounds like I have the same issue. When I removed the rear panel in the freezer, the coils were completely frozen. I defrosted it several times and it keeps occuring. Would the Drain Tube Freeze Up Kit (AP118347) also work for me.

Thanks
pjy Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 4:34:48 PM(UTC)

Thanks so much! I will take a look at the diagrams to see how to take the unit apart (once I consume all the items currently in the freezer. Unfortunately I filled it up a few days before this problem happened!).
Gene Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 1:29:34 PM(UTC)

Locate the drip tray (#26 on the break down diagram) under the evaporator coil. The drain hole is in the center of the tray.

Use a hair dryer to defrost it. You can install the drain tube freeze up kit (#20 on the break down diagram) to prevent future freezing.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Amana refrigerator Model TL20N

Gene.
pjy Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:53:49 AM(UTC)

Wow, I did not expect such a rapid response!

Model is TL20NL, Manufacturing # is P1106213WL.

As I mentioned previously, I opened the rear of the freezer but could not access any drain.

Thanks again for such a quick reply!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:55:17 PM(UTC)

pjy,

What is the complete model number of the refrigerator?

Gene.
pjy Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 2:55:44 PM(UTC)

Great help and advice! I have the same problem but do not know how to remove the freezer 'floor' tray. I removed the freezer rear panel to expose the evaporator but could not access the drain. I can't find any detailed diagrams on this old model. Any suggestions?