Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:35:59 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: camping pepere Go to Quoted Post
...the oven igniter does infact get red as if it is trying to light but the oven does not light. do you still feel it is the igniter? I do have one other question regarding the igniter, does the igniter have to reach a certain temp in order for the gas valve to open to allow the oven to light?...

Yes, I do feel the igniter is the culprit and you'll agree with me after you'll read one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...1897-oven-wont-lite.html

Gene.
camping pepere Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:18:30 AM(UTC)

Gene, sorry to keep bothering you like this, but upon futher investigation i have noticed that the oven igniter does infact get red as if it is trying to light but the oven does not light. do you still feel it is the igniter? I do have one other question regarding the igniter, does the igniter have to reach a certain temp in order for the gas valve to open to allow the oven to light?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 9:27:35 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
camping pepere Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 1:10:48 PM(UTC)

Gene ; Thankyou for your reply that is what I was hoping you would say.
Gene Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 3:22:21 PM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is a bad Bake igniter.

- The part number for the igniter is AP2020569

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE JGBP35CEA5CC | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
camping pepere Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 1:36:26 PM(UTC)

Hi, The oven lights very slowly, sometime it lights in 3 minutes and sometimes it takes 40 minutes. My Question is this where do I start to troublshoot the igniter or the gas regulator. OH sorry but it is a LP model