Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Cali gal Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 9:38:41 AM(UTC)

Freezer is currently in defrost. Most items are still frozen/partially frozen, but walls are dripping :(
Cali gal Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 4:26:38 AM(UTC)

Replaced defrost thermostat, and problem solved...almost. Defrost issue is better. I haven't caught the unit in defrost to actually see bow warm the freezer gets inside, but from appearances, the amount of frozen drips inside the unit is reduced. However, my in-the-door ice dispenser is unusable. The motor defrosts then refreezes, making the unit unable to move. If I defrost it with a hair dryer, cycle will repeat itself. Also, the ice in the tray freezes together into a solid ice monster. Am I at this point having to face the reality of retiring this beast, and buying a new one?
richappy Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 7:51:43 AM(UTC)

You probably have a shorted defrost thermostat clipped to the evaporator coils, rather rare. It's a special one, just look it up on this site and order it.
Cali gal Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 6:56:42 AM(UTC)

Freezer went into defrost again. No fan or compressor running. Back panel of until where coils are was warm to the touch. Everything is wet and drippy. Held door open a while, the evaporator fan started going...warm air. Then compressor? kicked in, cool air began and back cover panel was cool.
Cali gal Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 5:47:49 AM(UTC)

I don't believe that the fan or compressor run during defrost. Will have to verify when it defrosts again. Last night, hubby said the freezer was *very* warm.
richappy Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 3:08:51 AM(UTC)

Does everything shut down during defrost? No fans running or no compressor?
Cali gal Posted: Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:42:09 PM(UTC)

My freezer seems to be going into extended defrost. Ice melts then refreezes.
Just replaced evaporator & thermistor and control board. Worked great for 24 hours, then started defrosting again? What next?