Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
josjim Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:21:02 PM(UTC)

Success!! Machines spins!!!!:)
josjim Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2009 1:39:13 PM(UTC)

I have ordered the parts, I will let you know how comes out. Thanks for the advice.
neptune help Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 12:57:45 PM(UTC)

You have to replace the faulty 12002535 wax motor or the Q6 and R11 will fail again. See MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER R11 Q6 REPAIR KIT + 12002535 WAX MOTOR for a cute song that explains the faulty door latch wax motor that shipped in all Maytag Neptune MAH3000, MAH4000, MAH5500A and the 2000 stacker Neptunes. There is a repair kit you can purchase to try and repair your control board before buy a new control board. The redesigned wax motor has the black actuator pin where as the defective one has the brownish color that matches the body color.

Keep in mind the earlier MAH3000's have 2 more wax motors in the soap dispenser that will fail also. I believe if your serial number starts with a 26 or higher then you don't have the 2 additional wax motors.
applianceman Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 1:59:33 PM(UTC)

The last time I worked on one of these models was not my best day in fact I wish I could forget it but maybe my bad experience will help you. On the control board there was a burnt resistor and I said well there is the problem. Replaced the board and the same resistor burnt out very quickly. Only then did I decide to get help even though I haven’t ever worked on that model. Turns out that the wax motor causes this resistor to burn out and I think this is a common problem but I hadn’t ran into it until then. That is about the only time I worked on that model so can’t tell you much only that if you see a resistor burned out on the board replace the wax motor and the board.
josjim Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:14:34 PM(UTC)

I have a Maytag Neptune washer that is not spinning. The lock light does not turn on. I read that it could be the wax motor and resister, is there a method that I can verify this is the problem and not the door latch?