Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 3:41:28 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Hupper Go to Quoted Post
...It appears the drive block is broke, or either it or the basket drive shaft is stripped. Does this sound correct?...

Yes, it is very possible. Hopefully the following movie will help: How to replace washer drive block.

You also can find some useful information in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...-washer-brake-shoes.html

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Maytag MTW5870TW0 AUTOMATIC WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Hupper Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 12:48:31 PM(UTC)

Over the past 4 to 5 months, my washer would sometimes fail to spin on heavier loads. This progressively got worse and now it won't spin at all. The coupler looks fine. When I went to remove the transmission, only 1 of 3 bolts were in place. One bolt was on the floor, the other was not found. The tranny seemed to be held snuggly by the single bolt. The clutch appears ok. No sign of heating up, or debris. I can turn the inside of the clutch with some effort. I ordered the missing bolt and the spanner wrench to remove the spin basket. I beat on the spanner wrench for a very long time with a heavy dead blow hammer and it would not budge! It surprised me how much force I had to use. When it finally did start to move, after unthreading a little, the basket drive block is moving (slipping) with the locking nut! It appears the drive block is broke, or either it or the basket drive shaft is stripped. Does this sound correct? The spin basket still refuses to come loose. Where do I go from here? How do I get to the drive block? Thanks.