Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Dave Strelinger Posted: Monday, September 12, 2011 9:56:20 AM(UTC)

Hi Gene,
I have the same issue of a door that will not stay closed. I sense one of the springs is weak. With the door removed they both feel equal in tension.
I have reinstalled the door with the same issue. Should the locking lever be in the A position as shown or does it lay down flush inside the door?
beantown Posted: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 4:53:40 PM(UTC)

Hi, I am having the same problem wit hmy Viking 30" stove. The door wont close all the way. How did you fix this?
William Mularie Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:18:10 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You have to move the lever "A" to position "B" to lock the hinge.
Grab the door with both hands and lift it up to release the door hinges.

Gene.

Thanks. I got that far (door off)--now how do I remove the old hinges from the stove?
Dennis J Posted: Friday, February 19, 2010 2:11:49 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You have to move the lever "A" to position "B" to lock the hinge.
Grab the door with both hands and lift it up to release the door hinges.

Gene.

Gene:
My viking looks identical to the one pictured here, but am still need help. When oven door is fully open, it is difficult to get hold of the levers to pull them up as suggested. But when pulling up on the door when it is opened 20 degrees, the left lever pops up by itself, but the right does not. In fact the oven door feels like it will come off on the right side without even locking the lever. What's happening. Thanks,
cabalist Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:48:37 PM(UTC)

Yeah, I have the same issue with a 30" vgic viking. Even after reading the above posts, and looking at the pictures, I cannot get the door off any better than the previous two posters.

Does anybody know how to get these doors off?

Thanks for your help.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:48:15 PM(UTC)

Read all previous posts. Maybe you'll get some ideas. Otherwise there is no on-line information for a Viking products.

Gene.
lesley Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:08:56 PM(UTC)

does anyone know how to repair/ replace the door hinges on a viking range oven door ? I have the 36" gas range (model vgic3654qss) and the repair guy wants to charge me $900 to replace the door hinges-- HELP !!
Gene Posted: Monday, December 8, 2008 6:45:25 PM(UTC)

As far as I know - no. They are not adjustable.

Gene.
Becker135 Posted: Monday, December 8, 2008 12:58:28 PM(UTC)

I have the same problem, and was able to remove the door. I think the left hinge may be a bit weak at the final closed position. Can I adjust it?
Gene Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:28:28 PM(UTC)

Looking at the previous pictures, most likely the door has to be disassembled in order to replace the gasket.

Gene.