Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 1:58:20 PM(UTC)

As you can see on the picture, there are two solenoids. So, very likely it will do it.

Gene.
Sandiinflorida Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 12:04:33 PM(UTC)

would that have been the part that stopped flow of water into the ice maker months ago? In other words.......first water stopped going into the ice maker (I have been filling with bagged ice from the store, it still dispenses and crushes ice) and now no water from the water dispenser.

Are there TWO valves? Or, if I replace this part should I expect both ice and water to work?
Gene Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:30:25 AM(UTC)

Make sure there is a good pressure in the incoming water line.

If there is nothing wrong, replace the water inlet valve on the back of the refrigerator.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3160649
Part number: AP3160649

Gene.
Sandiinflorida Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 10:37:41 AM(UTC)

tried that, took out the filter and no go. It makes the sound that you are gonna get water but not a drop comes out!
Gene Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 10:17:21 AM(UTC)

Try to use the refrigerator without the filter as described in the User manual, page 6.

Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL ED5FHEXNS00 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Sandiinflorida Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:41:04 AM(UTC)

Water dispenser slowed and then stopped completely. When you push the dispenser, you can hear it trying to pump out water but not a drop comes out. The same thing happened about a year ago to the ice maker unit. The ice maker will not fill with water.
Anyone who can help me? Is it 2 DIFFERENT valves? Solenoid? Pump?

Oh, brand new filter installed recently. I thought maybe the filter was the reason for the water slowing but it worked for couple days after filter, then stopped. Not a drop will come out.