Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 5:07:13 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: dancer Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem with the same model and the same age, any idea what the answer is?

What is the LED behavior?

Gene.
AIMANNY Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 3:58:41 PM(UTC)

Do have ice in the ice maker mode.
no, then your water line fill may be frozen.(the black tube you see by the ice maker)
if yes then your motor modul may be bad. check were the ice maker arms are at (2:00 or 6:00 )ect:confused: 37 UserPostedImage
Enlarge Photo
Motor-modl
Part Number: AP4359694 made by WHIRLPOOL
or your ice maker thermostat.
27 UserPostedImage
Enlarge Photo
Thermostat
Part Number: AP3135377 made by WHIRLPOOL
from my experience the water line fill is frozen.
dancer Posted: Thursday, September 3, 2009 12:45:02 PM(UTC)

I had the same problem with the same model and the same age, any idea what the answer is?
Marshman Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 5:00:01 PM(UTC)

Hi,

The ice maker on my Kitchen Aid refrigerator has stopped working (model KSCS23INWH00 about 3.5 years old).

When I open the freezer door (with the Ice Maker switch in the "on" position) the red LED on the Ice Maker switch constantly blinks twice and pauses. If I then hold the optics flapper down, the red LED on the ice maker switch stays solid red (not blinking). Note, when I also push the "door closed" flap (at the same time pushing the optics flap) the red LED on the Ice Maker switch goes off, and stays off.

I have tried unplugging the fridge a few times hoping it would re-set,but not change.

I see Gene has good knowlege here. Hoping you can help diagnose, and refer me to the proper parts.

Thanks! :)