Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
peterhicks Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:11:16 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene, I got the drier running.

Pete Hicks
Adam / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:50:51 PM(UTC)

Hello Mr. Hicks,

I left a message on your voicemail explaining that according to the model provided MDE9306AYA the part number AP4319999 is to be correct as long as the body of the switch is the same yet the replacement just has an extra terminal.
It is different because it is used on both appliances with and without the light inside.
You will need to look at both switches to notice one of the terminals will be marked with COMM (Common) while the others will be marked with an NC (Normally closed) and NO (Normally open) terminal when the button is not pressed.
The new three terminal switch should be marked NO, NC and Comm. The old two terminal switch should read either NC or NO and Comm. You will need to use the two terminals that apply to your old switch. The extra one needs to secured so as to not hit the cabinet and short itself out.

If the switch looks different in other ways or have any other questions please call one of our representatives at 1-877-477-7278 with the complete model, serial numbers and all the numbers off both switches so they may research it further.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:15:04 PM(UTC)

You have to address this question to the customer service. You can call them at 877-477-7278 or use a live chat.

Gene.
peterhicks Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:03:19 PM(UTC)

The old door switch had two prongs, The switch you sent me has three prongs. How do I connect it?