Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:19:36 PM(UTC)

It can be a broken door switch(es) or a shorted high voltage capacitor (#29 on the diagram). Before testing the capacitor you have to [COLOR="Red"]discharge it[/COLOR].

Gene.
wauconda Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:48:21 PM(UTC)

Hi Gene,

So I was able to locate and replace the ceramic in-line fuse. Sure enough, that fuse was blown. Once I put the new one in and closed everything up, the lights came back on, the vent fan worked, and the over the range light worked. Once I tried testing the microwave functionality, the fuse blew immediately again. What do you think could be causing this fuse to pop?

Thanks in advance,

Wauconda
Gene Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:46:10 PM(UTC)

The first thing you have to do is unplug the microwave. After you'll open the control panel you should see the fuse

UserPostedImage

If you do not fill comfortable with the microwave repair it is better to call a pro.

Gene.
wauconda Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:36:18 AM(UTC)

Can I get help on how to locate the inline fuse and what precaution should I take to avoid being electrocuted when trying to do that.
Thank you.
Wauconda
wauconda Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:38:52 AM(UTC)

Thank you Gene, I'll try it.
Wauconda.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:02:33 PM(UTC)

Remove the top grille and open the control panel. Locate the inline fuse (#49 on the diagram) and check it for continuity.

- The part number for the fuse is AP4243230

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for AMANA MVH210W | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
wauconda Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:13:37 AM(UTC)

All of a sudden everything is dead, no digital display, checked electric outlet and it's fine, it looks like no power is going in, is ther an internal fuse that may have to be replaced. Please help.