Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:20:08 AM(UTC)

I cannot find any info at AppliancePartsPros or Amana.
Please check it.
They probably have parts for this unit but it is too new to come up on the system.

If I understand your post you can force a defrost cycle and it does work.
This shows that the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat are OK.

So whatever is programming the defrost cycle is not advancing to program the cycle. Could be a defrost timer, an adaptive defrost board or the main control board.
I would have to find some tech info to tell which this unit uses.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
zeke7237 Posted: Friday, September 23, 2011 3:29:06 AM(UTC)

4 year old Amana, all electronic defrost so should be easy to figure out ..

Everything is fine as far as I know, then Irene comes and we're running on generator for a week starting and stopping. A week after hurricane we experience hot fridge cold freezer and discover iced up condenser.

Defrosted manually, put back together and watched for a couple weeks .. and it iced up again. Defrosted again and proceeded to troubleshooting.

Control panel test shows safety thermostat is OK, element heats .. verified with ohmmeter as well. So the board can read thermostat, and turn on element .. what the heck else can be wrong here?