Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:50:00 PM(UTC)

Most likely the problem is a bad control board but the"F5" error code is confusing.

The "F5" means something wrong with the a switch on the door latch.
Check the door latch first. It's located on the back of the range.

- The part number for the door latch AP3968901

- The part number for the control board (black) AP3085380

- The part number for the control board (white) AP3841218

- Here are the break down diagrams for the Whirlpool range Model SF357PEKW0

Gene.
keke37 Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 1:24:38 PM(UTC)

I dried some meat and used a low setting, 170 deg. After a few hours it comes up with a f5 error message. I can then turn it off and it works again. when i use a higher setting, if i use it to bake at 350 or above, it will work until it heats up and then will act all kinds of funny. The only button that it will respond to in that state is the off button. After turning it off it will continue to beep intermittently, it will turn the oven on automatically and the display shows letters that you cannot make out, like it is broken. When it is in this state, i have to unplug it for a period and let it cool down, then it works. The oven will work properly for a short period until it is well heated. Thanks again, i hope this helps.
Gene Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:54:32 AM(UTC)

Did the display go blank or it shows something?
If it does show, what it shows exactly?

Gene.
keke37 Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:54:05 PM(UTC)

The model no. is SF357PEKW. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Gene Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:27:33 PM(UTC)

In order to provide the most accurate advise I need the complete model number of the oven.

Gene.
keke37 Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 3:49:18 PM(UTC)

The oven on my whirlpool stops working and displays an unrecognizable error message, (the display appears to be broken) when it gets hot. I have to unplug it and let it cool down and then it works ok until it gets hot again. Has anyone seen this before? Any help would be appreciated.