Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 9:17:57 PM(UTC)

Turn off the circuit breaker for the oven, open the control panel and inspect all wires to the oven thermostat and the oven selector switch for burned wires.

If this is not the issue, look for the envelope with the wiring diagram inside the control compartment and check for continuity the selector switch and the oven thermostat according the wiring diagram.

Gene.
Saskia Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 8:48:56 PM(UTC)

Thank you Gene
Unfortunately, this wasn't the problem, the knobs are configured just fine.
Saskia Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 8:46:11 PM(UTC)

Thank you, Gene.
Unfortunately, this wasn't the problem, the knobs are configured just fine.
Gene Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 12:22:33 PM(UTC)

The first thing I would check are the knobs for the oven thermostat and the selector switch.
The knob consists of two pieces: the outer part with the temperature settings (or mode marks on the selector switch knob) and the central piece which goes on the shaft.
If the outer piece got dislodged, then it's very easy to put it back in the wrong position (180 degrees around).
If it happened then the dial reading does not match the real setting.

If this is the issue, assemble the knob in the right way and, using couple drops of a Crazy Glue, attach both pieces together.

Gene.
Saskia Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:32:15 PM(UTC)

Whenever I turn on my top oven on bake, the temperature light indicator flashes on and immediately off again. When I turn it on broil, the temperature light stays on. However, in both settings the oven heats up slightly, and then stops heating up. I tried replacing the bake element, but that didn;t help. Does anybody has any suggestions?