Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:15:56 PM(UTC)

Well great, glad you got it running. The speed control board is the usualy problem with spin issues.

Thanks for the update, that is very helpful.
ajm1979 Posted: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:20:11 PM(UTC)

I wanted to follow up with my fix. The part that was causing the washer not to operate at all was the reed switch. If you recall this ended up being the part that I must have damaged when i tried jumping the door lock switch.
After I replaced the reed switch I was back to where I started when my washer would not go into spin mode. After I tried a new door lock switch, that did not work. Next I tried the new timer, still did not allow it to spin. Next was the speed control assembly board. It is true, the third time is a charm. In my case the speed control assembly board was the reason it was not going into spin mode. Not to be confused with the control board. I thank you for your help and the ability to be able to purchase parts and return the ones I do not need. I am about to start the return process now.
Thanks. Hope this is able to help someone else.
ajm1979 Posted: Monday, September 5, 2011 5:03:08 PM(UTC)

Thank you, I will order both parts just to save time as you said. Yes, I have ordered all my parts from this site. It is great to be able to order more than one knowing you can return it if you do not need the part.
Hoping this part does the trick.
sidfink43 Posted: Monday, September 5, 2011 4:47:58 PM(UTC)

It sounds like your control board is ok if it is sending 120v to the switch. You can order both parts to save time and if you do not need one you can return it if you order from this site.
ajm1979 Posted: Monday, September 5, 2011 1:35:01 PM(UTC)

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The manual you sent was more helpful than the tech sheets that were inside the washer. For my problem "washer not operating" it gives me two options when the timer knob is pulled out. If the door latch lamp does not glow to test the lead to the door switch. I do not get any of the lights that glow so i tested the one lead that goes from the door switch that is inline with the reed switch. I get 120volts. So by this test if I read it correctly tells me i have a faulty reed switch. If it read 0 it would have been my timer. I located the reed switch and wondered if there was another test to confirm my results on the leads to the reed switch itself? This has two wires with about a 6" lead to a plastic connector plug. Any thoughts?
So I am wondering if I should order both the reed switch and the control board to be sure?? Thanks!
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, September 4, 2011 12:51:39 PM(UTC)

Well my first hope is that you bought the parts from this site, since you can return them if they did not fix the problem.

It sounds like the control unit since you have replaced everything else, but check out things with this service manual.

http://www.emaservicetips.com/p..._TumbleActionWashers.pdf
ajm1979 Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2011 4:20:36 PM(UTC)

My washer originally was not spinning. After consulting with a on line tech we decided it could be a door latch switch or a timer. So being one that wanted to pursue it more I seen a test that someone did that by-passed the door switch. That was a problem....after trying that it tripped a breaker in the house. After that I ordered a timer and door switch. Replaced those both and still nothing. Next I thought it might be a speed control board and ordered one of those and replaced that, still nothing. I did a voltage test to the wiring harness that supplies the timer and one lead gets 120 volts. So I figure I am getting power at least. So being i am getting no sign of anything working I am wondering if it is now a control board? I have ohm tested the motor and that checks good. All i have left is the water pump and the control board. Any thoughts ? Thanks