Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
pgarbs Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 6:41:00 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: paulnvi Go to Quoted Post
I tried to help a friend with similar problems. Replaced the coupling, then clutch, and then the Drive Shaft, big bucks. Still wouldn't work.

I do believe you need a professional and calling for a Sear Technician is going to be the least expensive I believe.

Thank you for the reply. I am working on a very lean budget on this old machine, which would preclude paying for service charges (Just had Sears here fixing the fridge. ($500)
Im searching for advice on the next reasonable part that may be needed.
paulnvi Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 2:02:54 PM(UTC)

I tried to help a friend with similar problems. Replaced the coupling, then clutch, and then the Drive Shaft, big bucks. Still wouldn't work.

I do believe you need a professional and calling for a Sear Technician is going to be the least expensive I believe.
pgarbs Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2011 10:19:22 AM(UTC)

I have an older Kenmore washer that fills, agitates, and drains well. My problem is that the washer will not spin.
The lid switch works and stops the agitation when I lift the lid. I disassembled it twice now, once to replace the coupler, and again to replace the clutch assembly. The pump is good, there were no clothes caught in betewwn the tub and the basket. I tried the spin cycle in the different modes on the timer and I still can't get it to spin while the motor is running. I can spin the inside basket by hand in both directions. Getting a little frustrated right now, but on the lighter side, getting better at taking it apart and reassembling! Any help on what I should try next would be appreciated. I'm trying to fix this for an unemployed friend....Thanks!