Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
applianceman Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:56:46 PM(UTC)

It’s possible that it is running all the time, which would mean that the cold control is bad. –20 for a deep freezer is not bad but frost-free freezers usually won’t get that low. I don’t believe this will cause your high electric bill. Freezers cost about $5 a month in electricity when operating properly and they run about 80% of the time when operating properly. So if it were running 100% of the time, it would only be a 20% increase and your electric bill would only go up about $1.00 a month. These numbers will vary with each model. Hope this helps!! Appliance Repair Guide For All Major Home Appliances [FONT='Times New Roman']Oh and there are no coils to clean on most freezers. [/FONT]
Frozen Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 5:25:52 PM(UTC)

My freezer is too cold. I checked it a couple of days ago in a quest to find out why my electric bill has gone crazy. It was -20, so I reset the control. Next day it was 0 and I figured all was well. Tonight, it's -20 again. I opened the door and set the control to the lowest setting. The thermometer was at 0, a few minutes later it at -20 again. The freezer seems to be running even though the temperature is much too cold. I'm guessing bad thermostat, but I don't know much about freezers. There is no ice build-up inside and the seal appears good (it vacuums when closed). Also, I tried to clean the coils but can't find them. Are they behind a panel somewhere? One more symtom, may or may not be something. For months I've heard a buzzing at times, and it would stop if I tapped the side of the freezer. Now I'm not hearing that at all.