Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
sidfink43 Posted: Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:11:10 AM(UTC)

Ok this is coming up as a Whirlpool Direct Drive machine sold under the Amana label.

You need to take the cabinet off, and this video here will show you how to do that

AppliancePartsPros's Channel - YouTube

There really isn't anything to make noise in the back left corner, and generally if you have noise with both the agitation and spin cycles the transmission or brakes is the likely problem.
stephdunn87 Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:22:51 PM(UTC)

The model number is NTW4500VQ1 Type 111-07. I will try taking the front off and listening but when its making the noise it sounds like it is coming from around the back left corner.
sidfink43 Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2011 5:16:31 PM(UTC)

Noises are almost impossible diagnose from afar, because we need to be there to hear the noise and try to guess what part of the machine it is coming from.

If this is a top load machine I would recommend you take off the front panel, if it comes off, and see if you can tell where the noise is coming from.

I cannot get your model number to come up so we don't know what exactly you have.
stephdunn87 Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 12:00:02 PM(UTC)

I put my model number in wrong the correct one is NTW4500VQ1 Type 111-07
stephdunn87 Posted: Friday, August 19, 2011 11:39:53 AM(UTC)

Just yesterday my washer began making a whining noise when I washed a load of clothes. I began investigating and I noticed it makes the noise the worst when the agitator is moving, and the noise continues but lessens when the drum spins. Does anyone have any information on this issue and any possible answers/solutions?