Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:23:41 PM(UTC)

You are welcome Les. I'm glad its up and running.

Gene.
lesmcguinn Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:16:21 PM(UTC)

Gene,
Finally replaced gas valve coils. Dryer is working again. You are the best! 20 minute job. Thanks again for the help.
Les
Gene Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:49:20 PM(UTC)

Yes, Les. You do have to remove the door and, possible, the shroud.

Gene.
lesmcguinn Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:36:57 PM(UTC)

Hey Gene,
Thanks for the info. I ordered the parts today. I'm hoping you can refreash my memory. My dryer has a solid front cabinet. It seems to me that to remove the front you must remove the door. Does this sound correct to you? Thanks again for the help.
Les
Gene Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:06:03 PM(UTC)

Hi Les,

Most likely the problem is a bad gas valve coils. This is very common issue when they fail under the heat stress.

- The coil kit Part number: AP3094251
lesmcguinn Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 1:37:55 PM(UTC)

Hello Everyone,
My Dryer (Maytag MDG6000AWW) works fine when you first turn it on. After 10 seconds or so the gas burner fires up and the exaust out of the side of the house is hot and strong. Vent is clear. Once the dryer gets hot the burner shuts off and never comes on again. If you turn the machine off and wait 15 minutes to restart the machine it fires up fine. Then the cycle repeats itself. This makes for a very long drying time. On for ten minutes, off for 15 minutes. Could this be a thermostat problem? Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
Les McGuinn