Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
applianceman Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 6:44:49 PM(UTC)

I don’t know were you can find a wiring diagram if there is not one in the control panel but to check it first disconnect power then remove the back cover. Once off you should see the heater-can with two thermostats attached to it. Disconnect wires from the thermostats and check for continuity. If one of them doesn’t have continuity replace both of them they come as a kit. If both of them have continuity disconnect the wires from the heating element and check it for continuity, if it don’t have continuity replace it. Note that once the heating problem is fixed it will probably stop running forever. For more on this visit Whirlpool Dryer No Heat Repair Guide
chele163 Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 3:10:33 PM(UTC)

I don't really know how old the dryer is because I bought it used; advertised as a Kenmore but after I got it the inside says Whirlpool. The person who sold it to me put a newer Kenmore control panel on a older model Whirlpool.

Anyway - I have not checked for continuity yet but would like to know if someone has or knows where I can find a schematic so I can repair myself. I need to find out why it isn't heating and while I'm at it, want to fix the running forever problem.

Thanks!