Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
TechnicianBrian Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:50:12 AM(UTC)

Glad I could help.
mom01 Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:49:28 AM(UTC)

thanks, you've been very helpful will let you know how it goes
TechnicianBrian Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:45:56 AM(UTC)

They should be hard to remove given the age and that they need to be water tight. Just work them off using a small screwdriver and a back and forth motion. Then change the pump.
mom01 Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:42:19 AM(UTC)

One more thing the hoses on the pump are very hard to remove when I replace the pump do you think the top wwould be the same so I only replace the bottom half????
TechnicianBrian Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:35:25 AM(UTC)

If it melted the belt, then something is stuck, more likely between the impeller and the housing, or at the bushing and shaft. I would replace the pump because a water leak will probably be the next problem.
mom01 Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:31:11 AM(UTC)

I did do that found a little necklace of my daughters removed it put the pump back together and thats when the belt melted! Maybe theres more under the impeller thing I didn't remove that
TechnicianBrian Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:06:01 AM(UTC)

You can open up the pump (AP4372886) and see if there is something inside, but I would then replace it due to age and what ever is in there probably didn't make it any better. If you do find something, at least you can clean it it out until the new pump arrives.
mom01 Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:27:30 AM(UTC)

the belt is getting jammed on the motor pulley was told its the pump because the pump pulley doesn't turn by hand Can I service the pump or do I need new one??