Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:00:14 PM(UTC)

This is a duplicated thread.

Answered here: http://forum.appliancepartspros...pin-cycle.html#post73603

Gene.
koyote Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:09:30 AM(UTC)

Light duty operation. Approximately 9 yrs of use. It is a front load, tumble action washer. About 6 mos. ago the drum quit turning on both the wash and spin cycles. Everything else seemed to work. My wife changed the spin selection speed from 1200 to 1000 and the drum began working again. It has worked fine until today, the same problem. Changing the spin speed doesn’t have any affect. The fill, drain, timer and everything else appears to function normally as though the complete wash cycle were occurring. There is no unusual noise and I can’t hear the motor running. I don’t know if this is normal, but I can easily turn the drum in both directions by hand with the machine off. Is this indicative of a broken belt? It seems to me that because of the seemingly progressive nature of this problem that an electronic or motor issue may be suspect.
Also, is there a way for me to diagnose the problem from the front of the machine or will I need to dig it out from the counter and go in from the rear?
Thanks for all help.