Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Monday, August 1, 2011 5:20:26 AM(UTC)

Your model number is short several digits but I looked at a BR22T wiring diagram and the evaporator fan is wired in parallel with the compressor and it's fan.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
Now I am wondering why the fan stopped working, does this mean I need to buy a new evaporation fan motor.[/COLOR]
Check the power to the fan, if there is 120 volts then you need a new fan.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
Any thoughts on why it would just stop working since it was working fine?[/COLOR]
Hard to say could have been just a coincidence or you may have got it wet during manual defrost or you may just have a loose connection.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
happy411 Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2011 11:35:34 AM(UTC)

Amana BR22 refrigerator freezer has been freezing up for the last few weeks. I turned off the freezer using the off switch in the freezer, removed the back panel and using a blow dryer melted ice off the coils and all ice visible. Turned it back on and everything was great for a few weeks and now more ice. Did the same procedure as before but now when I turn it back on the fan is not working in the freezer. It was working when I turned it off. I have ordered a new deforst timer and defrost thermostat. Now I am wondering why the fan stopped working, does this mean I need to buy a new evaporation fan motor.

Any thoughts on why it would just stop working since it was working fine?