Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Admin / APP Team Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:43:18 PM(UTC)

From Landshark's email:

"thanks

Jason C. Mc****" (last name removed for privacy reasons)
denman Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 2:27:32 PM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Model Search

dryer drum will not spin. hit the start button and I can hear the motor trying to spin but it wont.

Try turning the drum by hand it should turn fairly easily. Might be an idea to try this on a couple other driers to get a feel for it.

One of the two dryer slide assemblies has the plastic strip broken off of it, would this be causing enough resistance to stop the drum from spinning.
It could.

I can spin the fins on the motor freely by hand and it spins the drum. It does not spin real easy but it does spin.
The motor has such a high mechanical advantage that this really does not tell you much, other than the motor is not seized.

The dryer does heat up and the belt is intact.
I could not find a wiring diagram for this unit but most driers have two centrifugal switches on the motor. They activate once the motor is close to operating speed.
One of them removes the motor's start winding.
The other connects in the heating element.

Since you have heat.
Either the motor is actually running and the belt is slipping (unlikely but possible)
OR
The centrifugal switch assembly is messed up and is stuck in the motor running position. Sometimes it is just jammed full of lint. Also the motor will not start (just hums) because you do not have the start winding in circuit.

Hope this helps.
If you do decide to repair it check the front glides, drum seals, idler wheel, rear drum bearing, belt etc. for wear and slop.Replace as necessary. Might not be a bad idea to replace the rear drum bearing just on principle. They do go fairly often.
Also clean and check your vent system
Basically an overhaul.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
landshark Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 1:37:50 PM(UTC)

dryer drum will not spin. hit the start button and I can hear the motor trying to spin but it wont. One of the two dryer slide assemblies has the plastic strip broken off of it, would this be causing enough resistance to stop the drum from spinning. I can spin the fins on the motor freely by hand and it spins the drum. It does not spin real easy but it does spin. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. The dryer does heat up and the belt is intact.