Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
JohnSWA Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 4:54:07 PM(UTC)

Well, that did the trick! I just filled the ice tray manually and now the ice maker is working as it's supposed to! Whew! I'm glad that worked out. I was beginning to believe that a new ice maker and water valve was a wasted expense!

Thanks again for your help and I LOVE your website!!!!
JohnSWA Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 11:33:41 AM(UTC)

Thanks, WC! I tried the solenoid/valve swap and pressing water fill button didn't fill the ice tray. I noticed that the icemaker is rotating now unlike before and I just manually filled the ice tray. Hopefully this will work.

Thanks for your help!
woodchuckie Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 11:28:46 AM(UTC)

Try manually filling the ice mold with water and see if it starts cycling when it freezes and dumps the ice.
JohnSWA Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 10:33:27 AM(UTC)

My ice maker is not getting any water to it. I've just replaced the water valve/solenoid and the ice maker as well. I did not replace the harness which may be my problem still, but for some reason the new icemaker doesn't act like the old one.

The old ice maker rotates constantly and the installed new one sits motionless.

Am I just being impatient since I was expecting water to fill the tray immediately? I actually waited about a 1/2 hour after installation, but still didn't get any water flow. I cleared the water line to make sure that it wasn't frozen.

Please help! Thanks!!!