Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:23:04 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: epdelay Go to Quoted Post
...The switches must have been shorted...

It could happen if you spilled or sprayed any liquid over the control panel.

Gene.
epdelay Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:16:58 PM(UTC)

Thanks Gene. The switches must have been shorted. I put everything together and all works well. Finicky stove! I'm ready for an upgrade!
Gene Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 11:30:33 AM(UTC)

All ignition switches passed the test fine. To avoid the possibility of any of them were temporary shorted reinstall all ignition switches and give it a try.

If the same problem returned, just replace the spark module. It should fix it. There are no any instrumental test for the spark module but there is nothing left but this part.

- The spark module Part number: AP2128204
epdelay Posted: Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:56:37 PM(UTC)

My Frigidaire Model PLCF489CCF igniters continuously spark.I disconnected the black lead from the switches to the igniter module and testedfor voltage. All switches were in theoff position but I got 120 volts. I assumed the switches were bad and removedthem. Then, just to verify my diagnosis, I check the switches for resistance.The switches would show infinite when in the off position and 0 ohms when inthe on position. Now I suspect the igniter module, but I am not sure how to test it with a multimeter. Can you help me?
Thanks in advance.
Gene Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:27:00 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
FFmom Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:11:21 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the info and part numbers. Great news ~ After a day of letting the stove sit with the power off, things apparently dried out and I no longer am having the clicking issue. I have saved the part numbers because my husband is notorious for letting his soup boil over and I am sure that at some point just letting things drying out will no longer work. Since this obviously causes problems (spilled liquid), I'm surprised it's taken this long to experience the clicking problem.

Thanks again!!
Gene Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:19:05 PM(UTC)

Very likely that when your husband spilled a soup it caused a damage to spark module which is located under the top panel near that burner.

In order to access the part you have to remove the top panel.

Remove all grates, burner caps and pans. There are three screws around each burner which have to be removed. It is very possible that some of those screws are rusted in and would not come off. In such situation you have to drill them out.

Remove all knobs and lift up the top panel.

Check all wires and ignition switches. If there is a spill mark on any of the switches, it's better to replace it.

- The spark module Part number: AP4374595
Part number: AP4374595

- The ignition switch Part number: AP2124412
Part number: AP2124412

Gene.
FFmom Posted: Monday, May 23, 2011 8:52:56 PM(UTC)

I am having the same problem with my Frigidaire Stove (model FCS388WECE). I heard a periodic "click" that sounded like the igniter sparking. Sure enough, I saw all four igniters sparking approximately every 18 seconds. They would spark whether the burners were on or off. My husband did say that he spilled soup on the large burner earlier today.

Am I correct in understanding (from reading this and other postings) that if liquid is spilled on one burner, this could cause all four burners to have this "sparking" issue? So all I need to do is wait for them to dry out (I've turned off the circuit breaker to the stove/oven). If I wanted to speed up the process with the hair dryer, do I dry the ignition switch under the knob or the igniter itself at the burner? Access under the stove top is going to be a pain...I think I will have to remove the whole front panel and see if the top lifts up.

I also read in the forums that it could be the spark module as well. If letting the stove "dry out" doesn't work, would this be my next item to look at/change out?
Gene Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 2:17:00 PM(UTC)

Gene,

It's better to unplug the range for a few hours. If you do know which of the switches is acting up, use a hair dryer to speed up the dry process.

Gene.
Gene Still Posted: Monday, May 9, 2011 10:07:54 AM(UTC)

Gene, I have the same problem with my KitchenAide Superba gas range. I was cleaning and know I got water under the knob. My igniter has been running for a couple hours. Can I safely just wait it out?
Thanks, Another Gene