Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2011 1:06:28 AM(UTC)

You are welcome

And thanks for getting back to us. Now when others search for a similar problem they will see what actually worked instead of just suggestions about what could be the cause.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jwest8221 Posted: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:45:33 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GHW9100LW2 AUTOMATIC WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

I agree with you that it sounds like the water inlet valve.
The open door should have killed power to the valve so most likely it did not seal correctly.

Here is a manual which may help with your repair.
http://appliancedigest.c...g-washers-service-manual
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.

Thanks for the advice, I replaced valve and it's working fine now.
denman Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:29:12 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GHW9100LW2 AUTOMATIC WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

I agree with you that it sounds like the water inlet valve.
The open door should have killed power to the valve so most likely it did not seal correctly.

Here is a manual which may help with your repair.
http://appliancedigest.c...g-washers-service-manual
You have to join the site to download the manual but it is free and this is a very good site for manuals and other info for the appliance repair DIYer.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jwest8221 Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:31:41 PM(UTC)

Whirlpool duet front load washer filled with water by itself while we were not home of course, front door was open to keep gasket from getting moldy so drum filled with water and spilled out on to floor of laundry room. I'm thinking the inlet water valve leaked and needs replaced, anyone have any other thoughts as to what might fix this problem ?