Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Guest Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2023 10:14:28 AM(UTC)

Our brand new Whirlpool WRS321SDHZ08 (21.4 cu ft side by side) has exactly the same problems. The coil has 12 turns and is 8.5 in diameter. I was told that the 5/16" tubing has 1/4" diameter. With an extra turn for the tubing leads to the coil, I get a capacity of 9.4 oz. The air temp next to the coil is 36°. Service tech and I agreed on water temp, never much below 60° and averaged 65° over several portions in a paper cup (which has little heat capacity). Before tech and I measured it, the water had not been used for 10 hours. Previous Whirlpool top-freezer with internal water dispenser did provide a first glass of really cold water but subsequent glasses were not as cold.
Guest Posted: Sunday, November 13, 2022 5:49:53 AM(UTC)

Same problem here in a rental property I just took over. Everything else works fine, the water filter is new, yet the dispensed water always is close to room temperature.
dwh4jdh Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 12:28:36 PM(UTC)

Might as well add my lack of cold water woes. Fridge is new since July, got the professional install. Never has water been colder than room temperature. Ever. Doesn't matter how much or how little water is used. Always the same temp. Fridge and freezer work great. I think a class action lawsuit is in order.
Guest Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2022 2:54:15 PM(UTC)

I have the same problem. Dispensed water is warm like tap water. Old fridge had cold water all the time.
Guest Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 6:37:22 PM(UTC)

Hi. I found no water running into those plastic tubes in the fridge. I have not figured how to get water running into those tubes. It run directly from supply line to dispenser
Guest Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2022 6:36:04 PM(UTC)

Hi. I found no water running into those plastic tubes in the fridge. I have not figured how to get water running into those tubes. It run directly from supply line to dispenser
Guest Posted: Monday, July 11, 2022 11:39:40 AM(UTC)

Ours also does not dispense cold water. We have checked all possibly incorrect items and everything is correct. Checked water temp and it is about 60 degrees F when dispensed. Pretty much the same as the tap water. If we wanted tap water temperature, we would not have paid extra for the through-the-door water. Have spoken with repair people several times and their response was...just put ice in your water if you want cold water. Feeling disgusted and ripped off at this point. Will not buy another Whirlpool appliance and will tell everyone to steer away from through-the-door water because it is a total waste of money.
Rcarrow Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:15:10 AM(UTC)

Test as follows: Set fridge temperature to a lower setting, between 30 and 35 degrees. Verify temp with thermometer.

Draw 4 ounces of water. Measure temp and throw out. Keep drawing water 4 oz at a time and measure each draw for temp. One of your four ounces should be around 45 degrees. If still near sixty, there is an issue. Verify the cooling plastic tubes behind the crisper. Insure they are same temp as fridge.

Also, estimate the volume of the coiled tubing which acts like a little tank.
Use this equation:
Volume in ounces = number of coils x 3.14 x diameter of coil bunch x 3.14 x .125 x .125 x .534
The above is for a 1/4 inch plastic line and for the diameter of the coil bunch in inches. Volume is in ounces.
If volume is not around 30 oz, that is not good. I calculated mine and got 9 oz. I can only get 4 oz of chilled water--8 if I am lucky. My old GE calculates at 30 oz with its little holding tank.

We must get with Whirlpool and request a fix or a recall. No matter what size the fridge is, a reasonable amount of chilled water is a must!

By background is in engineering.
Rcarrow Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:57:23 AM(UTC)

Normal? Why would you say that? People buy through the door dispenser to obtain a reasonable amount of chilled water. If a refrigerator cannot deliver at least 2 or 3 8 oz glasses of water at about 45 degrees, there is a design issue.

The culprit is that they no longer use good volume holding tanks. They use too short 1/4 inch tubing that yields only a third of the needed volume!

We must require Whirlpool to develop a fix. Either a 30 ounce holding tank or enough tubing length to yield the same volume.
RC Arrow Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:20:34 PM(UTC)

II have the exact same issue!