Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
getrusty Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:53:07 PM(UTC)

Today i took the Oven completely apart. I have taken all the galvanized metal and been etching it with a metal cleaner and then bleaching to do a final sanitizer. i will be ordering the insulation from the site I listed about. i will also be replacing the wiring which was chewed on by the mice.

The metal came out really good with the metal cleaner.... with very little effort better yet.

i will be sure to post updates since there doesnt seem to be much out there on the topic and when there is limited discussions as well as follow up. I will post in my original topic posted in this forum.

This is work I am performing on My double decor Wall Oven.
lamplight2010 Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:51:02 AM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Babyboop1982 Go to Quoted Post
I was needing to find out if replacing the insulation helped you. I just got my stove out of storage and can not turn the oven on cause the odor is so bad it ran us out of the house. We took the top of the stove apart and about half the insulation is missing and the rest has been used as a nest for mice with 3 dead ones in there. We need to know if replacing it will help and if so where would we find it.

Hello, I have not gone ahead and replaced the insulation. I am still trying to weigh replacing the insulation or replacing the stove. I like you have tried to find someone who did replace the insulation and eliminated the odor, but no one has replied with that information. Good luck. Keep me posted. Gail
getrusty Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 6:23:25 PM(UTC)

I am working on the same issue. I have an oven which some mice go into, Been scrubbing and cleaning but am certain i will be replacing the insulation now. I am certain you will need high temperature Insulation.

Superwool Fiber - 2" Thick (sold per sq. ft.)

This 2" but they all have 1". Let me know how things are coming along. I am trying to get this cleaned up here.

I am dismantling the entire oven by removing all the metal housing and pulling all the insulation out and replacing it since the insulation seems to have absorbed the smell of urine.

Any other pointers?
lamplight2010 Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 11:13:23 AM(UTC)

Hello, I am sorry I can not help as I have the same problem. Hopefully, someone out there will reply and help us both. Good Luck. Gail
Babyboop1982 Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2010 9:10:59 PM(UTC)

I was needing to find out if replacing the insulation helped you. I just got my stove out of storage and can not turn the oven on cause the odor is so bad it ran us out of the house. We took the top of the stove apart and about half the insulation is missing and the rest has been used as a nest for mice with 3 dead ones in there. We need to know if replacing it will help and if so where would we find it.
lamplight2010 Posted: Friday, April 2, 2010 11:58:40 AM(UTC)

Hello, I now have a mouse odor problem and would like to know if replacing the insulation solved the problem you had years ago. If not, what did? Thanks. Gail
TechnicianBrian Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:00:44 AM(UTC)

The top will not just come off unfortunately as access to the interior section of ranges is usually limited because there really isn't anything in there. The top will lift up, but then you will need to remove every screw that blocks your access starting with the ones holding the burner box in place located under the top itself. The top will also be hinged in some way and it too will need to be removed. You are looking to get into the top so start there. The side panels may not be removable like on the new ones so you may also need to remove the front panel in order to get to the entire insulation pad. And my suggestion for insulation would be to purchase a blanket from an appliance part distributer and simply cut it to fit.
sjeffries Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:53:18 AM(UTC)

Does the top pop up like a clothes dryer or does it disassble after removing the front panel, etc.?
Will I be able to reach the insulation that (I assume) is under the liner? In addition, I have been doing some looking and having a hard time finding replacement oven liner insulation. Is there a specific yellow pages category that I should be looking under?
TechnicianBrian Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:28:10 PM(UTC)

Let us know how it works out. And thanks for the b-day wishes.
sjeffries Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 11:04:22 AM(UTC)

I just noticed the handy link on the bottom of the page (View Diagrams and Photos, Order Parts). It has a great drawing of my oven (JAS01*J2) that might make an answer to my questions a bit easier. I also noticed on your website (http://www.TechnicianBrian.com ) that yesterday was your birthday. Happy Birthday Brian!