Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:05:33 AM(UTC)

If you closed the left side optics flapper and the door switch and you do not get voltage to the icemaker after a few seconds, it might be an optics board failure or a bad wire.You can go to the search box and enter "icemaker and optics replaced, but still not working" for info on this.
tylerhigg Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 2:51:25 PM(UTC)

And when I got water to the icemaker, I jumpered at the inlet valve.
tylerhigg Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 2:50:02 PM(UTC)

Thanks for the post Rich. I just double checked, and the voltage at the black and white wire is 87.9 vac. We are supposed to have 120 vac, right?
richappy Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 1:41:25 AM(UTC)

You must have voltage to the icemaker, otherwise it would not fill with water. You can confirm by checking the voltage at the black and white wires at the icemaker plug.
If the icemaker fails to harvest the icecubes, you have a bad icemaker.
tylerhigg Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 7:38:31 PM(UTC)

Icemaker stopped making ice a few days ago. No water, but I think it moves. I can get water to icemaker by jumping wires on water inlet valve. Checked voltage at icemaker, 88. Read a thread about the board, found it, and I have only 90 volts at the black wire to brown, I think that is the wire feeding the icemaker. from this info, would you agree a bad board?