Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Monday, March 16, 2009 2:15:45 AM(UTC)

Seems like your thermal cuttout in the motor failed. It could have failed from some heavy load in the washer. Thus, just replacing the motor might not fix it.I would pull the motor and check to see if it will now run.
MaryK Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 2:38:37 PM(UTC)

It is not the lid switch, I have replaced that in the past. I used the small end of a paintbrush to push on it when the lid was open so that I could see what was happening with the drum and it tried to move the drum and made noise at first but eventually it stopped making noise.
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:10:03 AM(UTC)

Then take a look at the lid switch.
Can you hear it click on and off as you open and close the lid?
MaryK Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 11:07:07 AM(UTC)

It used to sound like the motor was running but now it is just dead when in either spin or aggitate cycle - still fills but does not drain
ApplianceJunk Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 10:34:43 AM(UTC)

Hi,

If the motor sounds like it's running when it should agitate or spin then I would check the motor coupler.
MaryK Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 9:27:06 AM(UTC)

I am wondering what part to order if my wash machine will fill but does not spin out or aggitate? It was trying to spin when it first started but after trying to help it get started spinning it seems to have finally stopped trying.