Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 11:21:06 AM(UTC)

Remove the back cover in the freezer and inspect how the evaporator coil is covered with a snow. Normally it suppose to be 100% covered.
If it's much less then the cooling system is low on Freon and has to be serviced by a certified technician.

Gene.
abbie Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 11:09:05 AM(UTC)

sounds like a low side leak in system ..[low on 134a gas]
millerbeachbum Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 10:03:53 AM(UTC)

My 18 month old Frigidaire refrigerator ha stopped cooling. The unit is used in a vacation home has run less than 40 hours in 18 months.
The timer, fans, defrost circuit all test fine. The compressor runs and cools slightly but cannot lower the temperature in the freezer or fridge.
I noticed some rust on the welds that connect the compressor tubing to the coil that dissapates the heat from the compressor. Below the rusting welds (as if it dripped down) I notice a quarter sized area of white powder in two areas.
Is it possible that the refrigerant has leaked from these rusted areas? Is this why the fridge only cools slightly? Is this common?
Th only control I haven't tested is the thermostat...should I test that also?
Thanks!