Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
tbonecanoes Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:14:09 PM(UTC)

You guys are giving me some good info here. Thanks
woodchuckie Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:54:00 PM(UTC)

Perhaps with the trash in the line, some got in the water inlet valve preventing it from closing all the way and letting water continue to drip slowly and it freezes when it falls on the fingers.
tbonecanoes Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:34:58 PM(UTC)

Thank you. I didn't notice the screen when I had the hose off. I'll pull it back off tomorrow and clean it. Any idea why the ejector would get ice frozen on the tips or fingers?
Gene Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:04:14 PM(UTC)

There is a screen inside the water valve which can be blocked.

Gene.
woodchuckie Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:39:15 AM(UTC)

You may still have some blockage. Hollow ice is usually a sign of not enough water.
tbonecanoes Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:34:10 AM(UTC)

Thanks for replying. My ice maker stopped working but after draining some dirt out of the line it did start again. I did determine that the water valve is working. But the major problem I have, seems to be that I get ice built up on the ejector, but only on the water inlet end. After chipping that ice off it works a few times until ice builds up again Some of the ice cubes are not fully developed and may be hollow. Could the water pressure be too strong (I'm on a city water supply)?
Gene Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:10:14 PM(UTC)

The ice maker operates with the water valve by sending 120 VAC to the valve solenoid at the certain time.

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for AMANA THI18TL | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
tbonecanoes Posted: Monday, March 9, 2009 10:16:31 AM(UTC)

I have the Amana THI18TL fridg. I am not getting any water up to the ice maker. I have water to the water valve but not beyond. My question is, is the water valve indepent of the ice maker or does the ice maker engage the water valve?