Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
jsinc Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2009 11:16:47 AM(UTC)

So once I dissassemble the door (thanks for your explanation!) and clean the glass, how do I attach the film (which I just got from you guys)? I'm guessing it needs to be glued on with some kind of non-toxic glue that will not melt when microwaved. Suggestions? Thanks!!
TechnicianBrian Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 6:15:02 PM(UTC)

Disassembling the door is a fine art of using a putty knife and gently slipping it in between the inner and outer door panels to release several plastic tabs. Start on one side and work your way around the door. The inner and outer panels should separate from the metal and glass panel in the middle. It takes some time and you must be careful to limit the number of broken tabs, but there really isn't any trick to it.
jsinc Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 2:42:27 PM(UTC)

The manufacturer didn't attach the (plexiglass?) film on the inside of my Kitchen Aid microwave door, so the spatter goes through the mesh and sticks to the glass, leaving me no way to clean it. How can I take apart the door to clean the glass. Looks like I can order the piece of film from you guys... but I need to clean the glass first! Obviously the manual doesn't tell you how to disassemble the door :)