Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 1:47:21 PM(UTC)

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
sandsbz Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:41:22 PM(UTC)

Gene, thank you so much! Took us several months to get around to it, but it worked like a charm.
Gene Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 5:32:01 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: sandsbz Go to Quoted Post
...If I push the button to open the door during the cooking time it will start cooking/spinning when the button to open the door is partially depressed...

No doubt the problem is a bad door switch (#2 on the diagram). This part is not too difficult to replace yourself. Just remove the outer case and you will see them. The first thing you have to do after the outer case removed is discharge the high voltage capacitor (#5 on the diagram).

Here are the break down diagrams and the parts list for the Whirlpool microwave Model MT9160XBB0

Gene.
sandsbz Posted: Friday, February 27, 2009 6:52:31 AM(UTC)

Last night my microwave stopped working. After playing with it a little, I think it has something to do with the door, and I'm wondering if this is possible, and if I can fix it.

The light and control panel work fine. If I try to cook something the timer runs down as if it were cooking and the light goes off as it normally would when it finishes, but there is no fan sound and the turn table does not spin. If I push the button to open the door during the cooking time it will start cooking/spinning when the button to open the door is partially depressed.

There is a crack in the outside cover of the door that goes about 1/3 of the way up, but it is no better or worse than it was 1 month ago.

Any ideas?