Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
TechnicianBrian Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:27:52 PM(UTC)

You still haven't provided a model number so I am not entirely sure what you are looking at, but in many cases, there are some screws behind a couple of the knobs that go through the bezel and into a bracket holding the panel place. As for paying for a diagnosis, if someone does come out and reset the thermal fuse, I would expect them to also figure out why it happened. May be a fluke, but if a safety component trips, I like to figure out why.
Donny C Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:27:14 AM(UTC)

Thanks Brian
A contractor friend with the right tools tried to get into the control panel, located behind the control knobs on the front. I need to get off the control knobs because there seem to be screws that originate behind them and go through the front of the panel and into little L brackets to hold it on. Kind of a nifty lock to keep me out, is the way I look at it. I will be sooooooo p-ed if I have to pay $200 for someone to come and hit the reset. The $200 is what the repair service around here charges just for "diagnostics".
Any further suggestions on getting down in there?
TechnicianBrian Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 4:17:16 PM(UTC)

A model number would be most helpful. If it is only the oven that is no longer working, I would suspect a thermal fuse has opened the L2 circuit to the elements. It is usually located behind the control panel with a red reset button.
Donny C Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:00:10 PM(UTC)

Of course, my warranty is up. First the broiler just shut down, no warning, mid broil. The convection oven seemed to be ok when I turned it on, the fan started up ok. But that shut down within a minute. The gas stove top portion works fine. Suggestions?