Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
kmartk2 Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 9:20:10 AM(UTC)

For those curious as to the fix, a gas high limit switch was installed (trips at 240F) instead of the electric high limit switch (trips at 258F).

Simple fix...but a lot of time and non-essential parts bought.

As far as the temp readings, I figure the infrared sensor is reading the actual air temp instead of the metal duct, which would explain why the temp readings would not vary on different heat settings.
kmartk2 Posted: Monday, June 6, 2011 7:38:35 AM(UTC)

The element will not ground (measures open) with no leads attached.

However, I traced a lead from the timer that feeds the heat selector switch, thermostat control, and the element. When the timer is off, the measurement to ground is open. When the timer is on, the ohm mesurement to ground is 46.0 (meter set to 200).

Is this normal to get a resistance to ground reading from the timer switch feeding the element?
kmartk2 Posted: Sunday, June 5, 2011 4:21:16 PM(UTC)

Invested in a non-contact infraread thermometer.

Temp readings at the discharge of the dryer:
130 - 195F on all heat settings (Low, Medium, and High).
kmartk2 Posted: Saturday, June 4, 2011 2:39:51 PM(UTC)

I have a dryer that will overheat (trip the fuse - NO POWER TO THE DRYER UNTIL RESETABLE FUSE RESETS) about 2-5 mins into a cycle. Dryer light will reappear after it cools.

This is what I have done to troubleshoot:
Cleaned all vents inside and outside the dryer
Replaced thermostat cycling fuse - located on the exhaust
Checked heating element (11.5 Ohm resistence/~30K to ground)
Cleaned lint screen door/re-sealed door
Installed new drum seals

Observations:
Strong airflow outside the final vent
Will cycle properly with NO clothes/load
Temperature in the vent
Regular setting: 208 - 222F
Med Setting: 186 - 200F
Low Setting: Unsure - Saw it at both 107/188F (Load of clothes will overheat at this setting)

I have chased my tail to ensure everything is sealed to pull air over the element, through the drum, and into the fan - eliminate any short circuiting issues since it seems to cycle ok.

The metal below the door - suction to the fan - is extremely hot - would not want any children near the dryer (which would seem to indicate proper airflow through the drum??)

This dryer has worked over 3 years with no problems until now. We cleaned a tremendous amount of lint in the house vents.

How can I get the thermostat to run at a lower temp...this seems too hot.

Thanks.