Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
Gene Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 5:26:28 PM(UTC)

No, the condenser coil is on the back of the refrigerator, next to the compressor (#730 on the diagram)

Gene.
ycontreras Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 5:10:30 PM(UTC)

I have another question, the damper control does open and close, but i feel no air coming out of that location. Should i feel air coming out? or is there no air coming out because the coil is frozen up?

thanks in advance,
yolanda
Gene Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 4:56:39 PM(UTC)

If he installed the new board according the installation instructions then it should be good. It sounds to me like there is another problem now. Make sure the fan inside the freezer and the fan next to the compressor are working and the condenser coil is clean. Make sure the rear cover is in place. Post the results.

Gene.
ycontreras Posted: Friday, May 15, 2009 4:45:01 PM(UTC)

yes sir, i have they both were working fine. This is what has been happening. Before we replaced the mother board the coils were frosting up and the refrigerator was warm. Then eventually the freezer stopped cooling at capacity. But once we defrosted the coils and plugged in the refrigerator it worked well for 2 months. Then it happened again the refrigerator got warm again recently. So my husband installed the new mother board and the 2 thermistors. and since he installed the new parts, now the freezer works but not to capacity and the refrigerator is warm. So it seems that the old parts worked better on the refregerator than the new parts. could he have installed something wrong? or could the mother board be defected?
Gene Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:27:26 PM(UTC)

Have you checked the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat for continuity?

Gene.
ycontreras Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:55:02 PM(UTC)

Gene, this is what i received from you back in february, I know a long time ago, but my husband just decided to fix the problem. i ordered the parts below and my husband installed them just last week and the coil is still frosting up and the refrigerator is not cooling.

P.s i pasted below what we had talked about in february.
Yolanda,

There is no defrost timer in your refrigerator. All refrigerator functions, including the defrost cycle, operated by the main control board on the back of the refrigerator.

If there is nothing wrong with the defrost heater and defrost thermostat then the main control board has to be replaced. It is recommended by pros to replace both freezer thermistors together with the control board in such situation.

- The part number for the thermistor (they are identical) is AP3185407

- The part number for the main control board is AP4297272

Gene.
Gene Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 4:33:43 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: ycontreras Go to Quoted Post
...should this still be frosting up? we noticed that it is still frosting up?...

What is frosting up?

Gene.
ycontreras Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 1:05:30 PM(UTC)

Gene,
Back to the mother board/ once installed with the thermistors should this still be frosting up? we noticed that it is still frosting up? Is there a way to test the damper control? You have been a lot of help to me. I greatly appreciate it. God Bless You!

Yolanda
Gene Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 8:21:13 PM(UTC)

This part calls "damper control" and it should open and close automatically in order to maintain the proper temperature in the refrigerator. If there is good temperature in the freezer, but the temperature in the refrigerator is warm then this part has to be replaced.

- The part number for the damper control is AP3420682

Gene.
ycontreras Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 5:27:45 PM(UTC)

my husband asked me to mention this to you also, he noticed in the refrigerator the top left hand corner is the box where the air from the freezer cools the refrigerator, he noticed it has a flap and it was down. It seems to be an electronic device. should it be opening to let the cool air in then closing once it reaches the temperature? we see it closed and no air flow is coming in. so my husband opened it. should he be doing this?