Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:36:28 AM(UTC)

Here are your parts
Replacement parts for MAYTAG MED5770TQ0 29" ELECTRIC DRYER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Try the unit in timed dry.
Now does the timer advance?

Dryers use different circuit paths to the timer in auto and timed dry modes, so if the timer advances in timed dry odds are very high that it is OK and the problem is in the auto circuitry.

Have you cleaned the moisture sensor (Item 22 in Section 3)

The way it works is that a voltage is applied to the steel strips when in auto.
When the clothes are wet there is moisture between the strips and a small current flows between them. A board then monitors this current and holds the timer off till the moisture is gone (clothes dry) and the current stops then it advances the timer to off.
So if there is any dirt between the strips current flows and the timer never advances.

Try cleaning with a damp cloth and drying thoroughly.
If that does nothing try cleaning with isopropyl alcohol. Just be sure that all the fumes have dissipated before trying as they are flammable.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
debbiecummings Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 2:44:41 PM(UTC)

The time indicator on my dryer is set like 30 minutes but it never moves or will continue to run for hours. We replaced the timer with one purchased from you but the problem remains the same - indicator does not move from the time you set the dryer to run. Is there another part to be replaced to fix this problem. We are setting a timer on one in my kitchen and going and checking the clothes but they are not going to the cool down cycle. Also after we open and shut the door to remove the clothes the time/knob area makes a noise until I put it to the off position.

Please advise what to do to repair this problem. Thank you:)