Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
denman Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 6:12:58 AM(UTC)

I cannot find info on this unit but most GE's are the same.

Yes it does sound like a timer problem.

The way that the wash/drain works is that when a drain cycle is required the timer activates the drain solenoid for a couple seconds. It pulls down and the flapper valve is moved to the drain position. The water pressure then keeps it there until the unit is empty and then the spring/s return it to the wash position.

So if the timer contacts stick together due to pitting etc. the solenoid gets power for too long of a time and it overheats and melts the plastic inserts.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
yvescastonguay Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 5:42:38 AM(UTC)

My dishasher (old GE, probably 1980's), was not emptying its water. Found out it was the solenoid (WD21X374). Changed it and things were fine. Wanted to complete repair and went on to change faulty cycle switch (WD21X457). After a couple of washes, solenoid is blown again. What is the culprit, timer? I suspect a short somewhere but don't really know where to look, or how to check timer for short.