Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Post a reply
Maximum number of characters in each post is: 32767
Bold Italic Underline   Highlight Quote Choose Language for Syntax Highlighting Insert Image Create Link   Unordered List Ordered List   Left Justify Center Justify Right Justify   Outdent Indent   More BBCode Tags
Font Color Font Size
Security Image:
Enter The Letters From The Security Image:
  Preview Post Cancel

Last 10 Posts (In reverse order)
richappy Posted: Thursday, November 1, 2007 2:52:10 AM(UTC)

Probably a blown dryer control board Pn 37001286 I usually check for power to it before ordering.
cgarch Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2007 7:00:06 PM(UTC)

We recently experienced a power outage and it appears the only appliance affected is the dryer (Maytag - go figure). The dryer will start, but will not stay running. It will shut off after anywhere from 5-10 seconds. After it shuts off all of the LEDs will blink twice. Obviously, unplugging and plugging the machine back in does not change this behavior. The LEDs will blink twice about every 20-30 seconds, even after rotating the cycle selection knob to 'power off' and pushing the knob. It appears to me that the gas is not igniting as there is no burst of hot air, but there is no smell of gas either.

I opened the top and grabbed the troubleshooting sheet. After entering service mode on the dial, the resultant diagnostic code is the wrinkle-prevent LED blinking only. This of course does not translate on the diagnostic code chart. In running the diagnostic 3 times, the second time the 30 minute LED also blinked, but I have not been able to make that repeat. Visual inspection of the control board shows nothing obvious as being burned out or any other unusual condition.

FWIW, I'm done with Maytag. We own a washer, dryer and refirgerator and they all have had problems, with the Neptune dryer being the most expensive to fix. No more.

Suggestions? Thanks in advance.